Here is my favorite taco recipe and a new tasty drink!
Not Quite Vegitarian Tacos
- 1 Old El Paso Taco Dinner Kit
- 1 bag Morningstar Griller Crumbles
- 1 can Taco Bell Fat Free Refried Beans
- 1 bag Kraft 2% Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Thaw the crumbles in a skillet.
- While the crumbles are thawing, stand all the taco shells up in a 13×9 pan. Then spread a layer of refried beans on the bottom of each shell with a butter knife.
- Once crumbles are all thawed out, add spices from the dinner kit, and water. Use less water then what the kit calls for, or you’ll be waiting for the extra liquid to cook out
- Once all the crumbles are covered in spices and not too juicy, spoon the crumbles into the taco shells.
- Then cover all the tacos with cheese and place in the oven for 10 min.
- Once the 10 min are up, pile on the toppings however you like them, and enjoy!
* The reason they’re not vegitarian is because I’m too lazy to see if the box tortillas are fried in animal fat, and I’m pretty sure the refried beans use animal fat. Those 2 ingredients are easy enough to swap out to make sure this is a real vegitarian meal
I saw Sandra Lee do this on her cooking show a few weeks ago .. and I really didnt think it would be good. But after thinking it over I decided to try it out. Its surprisingly good!
1 large pitcher
4 bottles of Corona
1 cup of tequila (gold is better)
12 oz of frozen limeade concentrate
ice, kosher or course salt and lime wedges
In the pitcher, mix together the Corona, tequila, and the limeade. Stir lightly until the limade dissolves. Rub a lime wedge around the rim of your glass and then roll the rim in the salt. Fill the glass with ice and pour in the beer margarita. Mmmm!